Monday, December 31, 2007

Out Cold


Sometimes you get caught up in a series, and keep reading the books even though the quality slides or stays the same but you realize it is not that good. William G. Tapply writes this series featuring lawyer Brady Coyne. I came to them through a reference in Philip Craig's books. They eventually wrote three together; the third just published this season, though Craig died last spring.
Anyway, I think I was drawn to the Coyne books by that connection, by their Boston setting, by the fishing references. They are light, but move along. Publisher's Weekly, quoted on Tapply's site has it right: "Longtime series fans will be most rewarded," but I'm not sure it's worth the time. ***, just barely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.